Australia/New Zealand 2005

Hello Everyone! This Web Log (Blog!) was created so that I can document my travels through the Down Under and make it easier for you, my dear friend(s), to see what I'm up to. I hope you like it. Casey

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Sydney/Cairns

All right.
I'm here in Cairns (pronounced CANS). Things are going well.
Made some friends in my hostel.
Snorkelled the Great Barrier Reef, where I saw 2 sea turtles and 2 sharks, among other things.
I did not find Nemo.
While in Sydney, I took the obligatory pictures in front of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Sydney Opera House. It was a bit of a chilly day, but that didn't stop me from a good amount of walking.
Story: I was wandering through a botanical garden with head phones on when I suddenly started hearing some shrieking. I took my headphones off and realized that I was in the middle of a bat sanctuary of some sort. I looked up and there were literally hundreds of bats hanging upside down, fighting, flying, and overall creeping the bejezus out of me. I took a few pictures and got out of there.

I hope to get a hold of the farming woman tommorrow to start that part of my trip.

Cheers!

Casey

PS When I bumped into someone today, I said "Excuse me mate" without even thinking of it.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Bats! That totally reminds me of this supersweet movie I just saw! Man, Casey, you would love it! Too bad you're in...oh wait, you're in AUSTRALIA? Oh, wow. Well, suddenly that movie just doesn't compair. My story sucks now. And then I found $10. Yeah!

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I spelled compare wrong. I am a total LOSER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home